It doesn't matter who you are after all: an actor and producer like Mark Wahlberg (9.1 million followers), known to the whole world, or a micro fashion blogger like Chiara Ferragni (13 million followers), familiar only to those who are actively interested in fashion. They both are influencers because they created high-quality content. But, of course, they perform in different weight classes.
One may become an influencer and make money on your social media account, if:
- the number of your followers reaches at least five (and preferably six) zeros;
- you choose a topic and dedicate your page mainly to it;
- your statistics are good (people read, like, share, and comment on your posts).
And here are some tips that might be useful for creating attractive content and gaining popularity:
- Post regularly. At least once a day for Facebook, and at lest 3 times a day for Instagram.
- Be stick to your topic. 80% of your content should be dedicated to the main subject you chose.
- Texts should be consistent, interesting, and written without grammatical mistakes.
- Pictures should be high-quality.
- Find your style. Your content should be strikingly different from all the rest of the existing content.
- Appeal to emotions. The content should provoke discussions and emotional response. That's what makes posts popular.
- At least from time to time, post useful content with your expert opinion or advice ("How-to posts").
The sphere is not important. The quality and the frequency of delivery are the things that matter.